Pro-/Seminar Robot Navigation - WS 2015/16
Pro-/Seminar Robot Navigation
Requirements & Information
- Organizer: Prof Dr. Wolfram Burgard
- Co-Organizers: Barbara Frank, Christoph Sprunk, Tayyab Naseer, Marina Kollmitz, Michael Krawez, Abhinav Valada, Alexander Schäfer, Tim Caselitz, Tim Welschehold, Benjamin Suger, Federico Boniardi, Andreas Kuhner
The first meeting was on Monday, October 26, 10.00 a.m.
in room 00-019, building 079.
Slides from the first meeting.
- Students are requested to write a two-page abstract, prepare a talk of 30 minutes and to write a summary. Everything can be done in English or German.
- The two-page abstract is due on November 20, 2015.
- The Proseminar and Seminar will be held as a "Blockseminar" in the end of the Semester. The slides should be discussed with the supervisor two weeks before the presentation.
- The summaries are due one week after the presentation and should be 7 pages long at maximum (latex, a4wide, 11pt) not counting the bibliography and figures. Significantly longer summaries will not be accepted. A LaTeX template can be downloaded here.
- Wolfram Burgard will give a lecture on "How to give a presentation". This lecture will take place on Friday, November 20, 16.00 s.t. in SR 078-00-014.
- The Proseminar and Seminar will take place on:
- Thursday, February 11, 9.00 to 16.00
in Albertstr. 23, Room 00.006 (Institutsviertel)
- Friday, February 12, 9.00 to 12.00
in Georges-Koehler-Allee 101, Seminarroom 01-009/13
- Friday, February 12, 13.00 to 15.00
in Georges-Koehler-Allee 052, Seminarroom 02-017
- Please send your summary via email to your supervisor by Friday, February 19.
Thursday, Feb 11,
Albertstr. 23, Room 00.006:
Friday, 12 Feb, morning session
Georges-Koehler-Allee 101 Room 01-009/13:
Friday, 12 Feb, afternoon session
Georges-Koehler-Allee 052 Room 02-017:
- M. Jalobeanu, G. Shirakyan, G. Parent, H. Kikkeri, B. Peasley, A. Feniello
Reliable kinect-based navigation in large indoor environments
[Nino Silveira , supervisor: Michael Krawez]
- J. A. Bagnell, D. Bradley , D. Silver, B. Sofman, and A. Stentz
Learning Rough-Terrain Autonomous Navigation
[Kevin Haettig, supervisor: Abhinav Valada]
- V. Usenko, J. Engel, J. Stueckler, D. Cremers
Reconstructing Street-Scenes in Real-Time From a Driving Car
[Amanullah Tariq, supervisor: Tayyab Naseer]
- R. Newcombe, D. Fox, S. Seitz
DynamicFusion: Reconstruction and Tracking of Non-rigid Scenes
[Alexander Mitrofanov, supervisor: Tim Caselitz]
- L. Ott, F. Ramos
Unsupervised online learning for long-term autonomy
[Muazzam Ali, supervisor: Tim Welschehold]
- P. Abbeel, A. Coates and A. Y. Ng
Autonomous Helicopter Aerobatics through Apprenticeship Learning,
[Raghu Rajan, supervisor: Andreas Kuhner]
- D. Maturana and S. Scherer
3D Convolutional Neural Networks for Landing Zone Detection from LiDAR
[Markus Frey, supervisor: Abhinav Valada]
- S. Aine, S. Swaminathan, V. Narayanan, V. Hwang and M. Likhachev
[Sinje Balzer, supervisor: Marina Kollmitz]
- V. Indelman, L. Carlone, F. Dellaert
Planning in the Continuous Domain: a Generalized Belief Space Approach for Autonomous Navigation in Unknown Environments
[Yufeng Xiong , supervisor: Federico Boniardi]
- H.-W. Park, P. Wensing, S. Kim
Running Jumps Over Obstacles in High-Speed Quadrupeds
[Jan Sosulski, supervisor: Tim Welschehold]
- D. Dolgov, S. Thrun
Detection of Principal Directions in Unknown Environments for Autonomous Navigation
[Yitong QUAN, supervisor: Federico Boniardi]