Seminar Robot Navigation - WS 2012/13
Seminar Robot Navigation
Requirements & Information
- Organizers: Prof. Dr. Maren Bennewitz (Juniorprof.) and Prof Dr. Wolfram Burgard
- Co-Organizers: Daniel Maier, Christoph Sprunk, Pratik Agarwal, Markus Kuderer, Nichola Abdo, and Henrik Kretzschmar
- You have to prepare a talk of 30 minutes and to write a summary. Both can be done in English or German.
- The seminar is restricted to 9 students.
- Please register via the online registration system. We apply the strategy: first come, first serve.
- The seminar will be held as a "Blockseminar" on February 19th in building 101, room 01-016.
- The first meeting will be on Monday, October 29, 2.00 p.m. in room 00-010/014, building 101 (for registered students only) .
- A first version of the slides for the presentation must be sent to the superviser on January 20 at the latest.
- A first version of the summary must be sent to the superviser on February 3. You can revise the summary once according to the comments of your supervisor. The final version has to be submitted by February 10.
- The summaries should be 7 pages long at maximum (latex, a4wide, 11pt) not counting the bibliography and figures. Significantly longer summaries will not be accepted.
- Topics will be assigned in the first meeting.
- A list of papers will be published soon.
- The seminar takes place on Tuesday, February 19th in building 101, room 01-016.
|Tue||10:40||11:20||Serdar Oguz Ata|
|Tue||11:20||11:30||10 Min Break|
|Tue||12:10||13:10||1h Lunch Break|
- Dmitry Berenson, Joel Chestnutt, Siddhartha S. Srinivasa, James J. Kuffner,
and Satoshi Kagami
Pose-Constrained Whole-Body Planning using Task Space Region Chains
[Stefan Glaser, supervisor: Maren Bennewitz]
- Winston Churchill and Paul Newman
Practice Makes Perfect? Managing and Leveraging Visual Experiences for Lifelong Navigation
[supervisor: Henrik Kretzschmar]
- F. Fraundorfer, L. Heng, D. Honegger, G. Lee, L. Meier, P. Transkanen, M. Pollefeys
Vision-Based Autonomous Mapping and Exploration Using a Quadrotor MAV
[Philipp Lerche, supervisor: Daniel Maier]
- Peter Henry, Michael Krainin, Evan Herbst, Xiaofeng Ren, and Dieter Fox
RGB-D mapping: Using Kinect-style depth cameras for dense 3D modeling of indoor environments
[Patrick Ebner, supervisor: Daniel Maier]
- Emili Hernandez, Marc Carreras, Javier Antich, Pere Ridao and Alberto Ortiz
A Topologically Guided Path Planner for an AUV Using Homotopy Classes
[supervisor: Markus Kuderer]
- Mike Phillips, Benjamin Cohen, Sachin Chitta, and Maxim Likhachev
E-Graphs: Bootstrapping Planning with Experience Graphs
[Jonas Koenemann, supervisor: Nichola Abdo]
- Adam Bry and Nicholas Roy
Rapidly-exploring Random Belief Trees for Motion Planning Under Uncertainty
[Florian Godard, supervisor: Nichola Abdo]
- Mike Phillips and Maxim Likhachev
SIPP: Safe Interval Path Planning for Dynamic Environments
[Serdar Oguz Ata, supervisor: Christoph Sprunk]
- Max Pfingston and Andreas Birk
Simultaneous localization and mapping with multimodal probability distribution
[supervisor: Pratik Agarwal]