Seminar Probabilistic Graphical Models - SS 2011
Requirements & Information
- Organizers: PD Dr. Cyrill Stachniss, Prof Dr. Wolfram Burgard
- Co-Organizers: Henrik Kretzschmar
- The seminar will be a "Blockseminar" and will take place on Wed 27.07.2011 9:00 (s.t.) - 14:00 in the seminar room in bldg 79, upper floor. Attending is mandatory.
- The topics will be assigned in the first week of the semester. We meet on Thu 5.5.11 from 11-12 in Bld 79, SR 019 (upper floor). This meeting is for registered students only!
- There will be a short introduction to graphical models: Wed 18.05.11, 14h, Geb 106 SR-00-007 (MMR). Slides.
- You have to prepare a talk of approx 35 minutes and to write a summary. Both can be done in English or German.
- Use the LaTeX template. Use a maximum of 7 pages plus title page, reference section, potential add-ons.
- The seminar is restricted to 9 students.
- Please register via the LSF (click here). We apply the strategy: first come, first serve.
- Topics (in brief)
- Inference in Graphics Models and the Sum-Product Algorithm
- The Junction Tree Algorithm
- Loopy Belief Propagation & Loopy Intersection Propagation
- Hidden Markov Models
- Mixture Models and EM
- Sampling Methods
- Conditional Random Fields
- Model Comparison and Occam's Razor
- Continous Latent Variables
- Information Theory, Inference, and Learning Algorithms by David MacKay (complete book online)
- Probabilistic Graphical Models by Kollar and Friedman (MIT Press website, Amazon). The book is available in the library in Bld. 101.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function footer() in /var/www/html/htdocs-ais/homepage/teaching/ss11/seminar_pgm/index.php on line 154