Seminar Robot Perception - WS 2014/15
Seminar Robot Perception
Requirements & Information
- Organizers: Dr. Gian Diego Tipaldi Dr. Luciano Spinello, and Prof Dr. Wolfram Burgard,
- You have to:
- select a paper, understand it and prepare a talk of 30 minutes
- write a very short summary about each paper (by answering a couple of questions about each paper)
- participate in the discussion
- The material must be in English.
- The seminar is restricted to 9 students.
- Please register via the online registration system. We apply the strategy: first come, first serve.
- The seminar will be held as a "Blockseminar"
- The summaries should be 8 pages long at maximum (latex, a4wide, 11pt) not counting the bibliography and figures. Significantly longer summaries will not be accepted.
- Topics will be assigned in the first meeting.
- The first meeting will take place on Friday, October 24, starting 14:00 c.t. in room 02-017 in building 52.
- Slides of the seminar introduction
- >> Questions for the summary <<
- Lecture: “How to give a presentation” in the seminar room 051-00-034 on 14.01.2015, 10:00 - 11:00.
- A first version of the slides for the presentation must be sent to the superviser on 25.Jan.2015 at the latest.
- A first version of the summary must be sent to the superviser on 13.Feb.2013. You can revise the summary once according to the comments of your supervisor. The final version has to be submitted by 20.Feb.2013.
>> Presentation Date and Information <<
- The presentation will take place on Tuesday, 3 Feb 2015 starting at 9.00 a.m. (s.t.), please be on time
- Location: SR 00-019 building 079 !!! UPDATED !!!
- Bring your presentation as PDF on a USBstick or your own laptop.
Schedule !!! UPDATED !!!:
|Tue||9:00||09:30||Tulio Paiva Galvao|
|Tue||10:30||10:45||10 Min Break|
|Tue||12:15||12:30||10 Min Break|
List of papers and advisors
Advisor L. Spinello
- PANDA: Pose Aligned Networks...: Tullio Paiva Galvao
- Tracking Interacting Objects Optimally...: Daniel Saier
- Seeing 3D chairs: exemplar part-based...: Konstantin Reifsteck
- SLAM++ Simultaneous Localisation and Mapping...: Dominik Winterer
- BING: Binarized Normed Gradients for Objectness...: Andreas Buehl
- Mobile Robot Navigation System in Outdoor Pedestrian Environment...: Christian Ehrenfeld
- All-Environment Visual Place Recognition with SMART : Moritz Freidank
- Pulling Things out of Perspective...: Andre Biedenkapp